How Consulting Can Help
To answer that question, you must ask yourself the following:
- Do I have a stressful problem or a situation that is not being resolved?
- Do I have a supportive person to discuss my feelings with?
- Is this person objective and helping me come up with solutions to the problem?
- Do I feel that I have done everything I know to do, but the situation is not getting better?
- Do I want to develop more self-awareness and grow as a person?
In our day-to-day life, there are many stresses and issues that need to be resolved. Usually our concerns can be resolved after thinking through the situation, brainstorming and developing a plan. Other times, just talking to a friend or family member makes the problem seem more manageable. Sometimes, time heals. However, there are other situations that are not so easily handled. Maybe your stress is caused from something that happened long ago and you haven’t been able to talk about it. Maybe there is no- one you are close enough to share your innermost feelings with. Perhaps you are just at your wits end and need someone objective to listen and provide positive feedback. If this sounds like you, consulting may be helpful.
During different stages in our life, we need to take time to reflect on our accomplishments and plan for the future. Maybe you are considering continuing with your education or making a career change. consulting can be helpful for these times as well.
Who has the better chance of success, the person who needs help and does nothing, or the person who needs help and gets it?